Foot soaks are wonderful spa treat but you can easily recreate this pampering at home with a few simple ingredients.
What you need:
- A basin large enough for your feet (generally a 2 gallon basin will work)
- Warm water
- Epsom salts
- An easy solution is to use premade mineral bath salts, bath fizzes, bath teas, or natural bath foam.
- Essential Oils – see the recipes below for some great combinations
Some optional fun things for your foot soak include…
- Smooth stones on the bottom of the basin
- Pretty flower petals or flower tops
- Fresh herbs, lemon or orange slices
- A warm neck wrap and warm hand mitts while soaking
Another tip is to combine a foot soak with a foot scrub. Just soak your feet for ten minutes, then scrub your feet with one of the recipes below,
If you need supplies, some of my favorite suppliers are:
- Majestic Mountain Sage: https://www.thesage.com/catalog/index.html
- Bulk Apothecary: http://www.bulkapothecary.com/
- Massage Warehouse: http://www.massagewarehouse.com/
Foot Soak Recipes
Soothing Foot Soak
This foot soak soothes aches, remove odors, and soften rough skin.
Mix the oils in the salts and add ¼ cup to 1-2 gallons of water for soaking.
- 1/2 cup Epsom salts
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil, 3 drops tea tree oil, 3 drops lavender
- Optional: Add some rose petals or lavender buds to the bath
Lavender Milk bath foot soak
- 1/2 cup of Epsom salts
- 1 cup milk (keep powdered milk on hand in case you do not have fresh and do not use fat free)
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
Mix the milk up in a measuring cup, add essential oils and stir, add to
foot bath water. You can also substitute any essential oils you would
like, but just a few drops.
For a simple basic scrub recipe just mix Course Sea Salt or Sugar
with Essential Oils in a 2:1 ratio.
For example mix 1 cup Salt with 1/2 cup Coconut Oil Then add 3-4 drops of Essential Oil for fragrance and stir it up. Adding one or two capsules of
vitamin E oil will preserve your product longer.
You can store your scrubs in a sterilized glass or plastic container.
Sugar Cookie Foot Scrub
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
Lavender Rosemary Scrub
- 1 cup kosher salt
- ½ cup apricot kernel or light olive oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
Tea Tree Peppermint Scrub
- ½ cup carrier oil (apricot kernel or other)
- 1 cup sea salt
- Organic tea tree essential oil 4-6 drops
- Organic peppermint essential oil 4-6 drops
Almond Sugar Scrub
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sweet almond or light olive oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
Citrus Salt Scrub
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drops orange essential oil